If you are considering a drug or >alcohol rehabilitation centre in your area, it is important to know the pros and cons of each option. You also need to be aware of the potential risks involved with each type of programme so that you can make an informed decision about which one will work best for you.
The Benefits of Local Rehab Centres
One of the biggest advantages of going to a local rehab centre is convenience. Many people prefer to stay close to their family members and friends when they are seeking help with addiction.
Travel costs are also reduced, however, we offer sober transportation to our treatment centres, while many other UK centres expect you to make your own way to rehab.
For some, staying closer to home during treatment feels more comforting. Familiarity may help reduce feelings of anxiety around rehab.
Another reason to stay local is because most rehab centres offer aftercare programmes as part of treatment, which may only be accessible to those who complete rehab nearby.
However, local support groups and virtual meetings are becoming the norm since the COVID-19 pandemic.
Need help? Talk to an addiction specialist today!
Things to Consider when Choosing a Local Rehab Centre
If you do opt for local rehabilitation, there are several things to consider. These include:
- How long has the facility been operating? Some facilities have existed for decades, others opened just a few years ago. It’s important to research how long the facility has been providing services to clients. Be sure to review testimonials before you commit to private clinic.
- Staff to client ratio is also important, as this indicates the amount of time staff spends with each patient. A higher number means better care.
- What types of programs does the facility provide? Does it provide a medically supervised detox?
- Is the facility accredited by CQC? This ensures that the facility meets certain standards of care. All treatment centres in the UK require a CQC rating and this information can be found via the CQC website.
- Does the centre provide treatment for Dual Diagnosis? Dual Diagnosis is the existence of addictions and mental health problems such as depression. This requires specialist treatment that deals with both conditions.
The Benefits of Choosing a Rehab Centre Away from Home
Choosing localised treatment may work for some, but for others, the thought of staying local for rehab may bring up old memories of drug or alcohol use.
Expanding your choices away from home will also increase your chances of finding a treatment centre that is perfect for you.
Here are some questions you may wish to consider when choosing a rehab away from home:
- Would you prefer to recover in a different environment? I.e. by the beach or mountains?
- Are the rehab facilities important to you? I.e. gyms, activities and living arrangements?
- Could I save money and receive better quality of care if it means travelling a bit further?
- Will I feel calmer and more focused if I’m away from my normal environment?
Residential Rehab from only £6,995 for 28 days
The Providence Projects are Here to Help
Here at the Providence Projects, we believe that residential addiction treatment should be accessible to everyone. We are one of the only treatment centres to offer transparent costs for our 28 day programme, and we facilitate both local and national clients by offering sober transportation to our facility from all areas of the UK.
If you or someone you love is struggling with addiction, our team are here to support you right now! We can arrange for you or someone you love to be collected and brought to treatment with just a quick phone call.
Speak to our addiction counsellors today on 0800 955 0945 to start your recovery journey.